Projects & Github
I stay quite active on github. Often holding contribution streaks of 30, 60, 90 days, my longest streak being over 225 days.
I have over 60 repositories and try to submit pull requests to other open source projects. Many repos are for learning purposes only, while others are released to the real world.
Here is a short list of some of my projects
- Podcasts.win a mobile first web app to easily share direct links to podcast episodes as part of the #trypod project.
- Built the first opensource Rocker Template Engine Gradle Plugin
- vPromise a fully A+ 1.1 compliant polyfill, passing all 889 tests on Travis-CI.
- Ethereum Lighthouse a framework for push services (oracles) to the Ethereum blockchain.
- Cordic sin calculated in rust.
- Man In The Middle HTTP Proxy written in Python. Used for injecting
- vPodPlayer a bespoke Android podcast player, exploring various code design patterns and UI patterns.
- Clicker Me Bliss an abstract incremental web game designed to be played by Selenium web browser automation.
Masters in Complex Adaptive SystemsChalmers, Gothenburg Sweden.
Thesis Title: "Simultaneous Search Engine Optimization and Conversion Rate Optimization Using Genetic Algorithms"
B.S. dual major Computational Mathematics and Computer ScienceRensselaer, Troy New York.
N-armed Bandit ProblemHarvard, Cambridge Massachusetts.
Multivariate calculus and probability to solve a special case of the N-armed bandit problem.
Genetic Algorithms ResearchSlovak University of Technology, Bratislava Slovakia.
Main Programming Languages
- Java (versions 6, 7 and 8)
- PHP (ZendFramework, OOP, MVC)
- SQL (MySQL, SQLite)
- Shell Scripting (Bash, Zsh, Sed, Awk, Grep, find, etc...)
Main Technologies, Tools Chains, etc...
- git (Github, Bitbucket)
- ZendFramework 1 & 2, Wordpress
- Intellij, WebStorm, PHPStorm, Android Studio, Eclipse, vim, emacs
- Fizzed Rocker Templates
- JavaSpark web Framework
- AWS (ES2, CloudFormation, S3)
- Atlassian (Jira, Confluence, Hipchat, Bamboo, Bitbucket)
- Webpack, Gulp
- Tomcat, Apache, Nginx
Familiar Tools, Languages and Technologies
- Ethereum and Solidity Smart Contracts on the Blockchain
I think it is important continually read long form books on software development. Here is a brief list of some of my favorites.
- Java 8 in Action: Lambdas, Streams, and functional-style programming by Raoul-Gabriel Urma and Mario Fusco
- Java Concurrency in Practice by Brian Goetz and Tim Peierls
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship by Robert C. Martin
- The Pragmatic Programmer: From Journeyman to Master by Andrew Hunt and David Thomas
- You Don't Know JS by Kyle Simpson
- The Annotated Turing: A Guided Tour Through Alan Turing's Historic Paper on Computability and the Turing Machine by Charles Petzold
- The Soul of A New Machine by Tracy Kidder
- The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering by Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
- The Design of Everyday Things by Don Norman